Friday, May 22, 2009

Sarasota Florida Follows Roundabout Craze

The Herald Tribune reports this morning that Sarasota Florida is following Asheville, North Carolina and Carmel Indiana as well as other cities in the roundabout craze that has hit the United States. I'll be taking on the Asheville roundabouts when I visit family there in July.

My first experience with roundabouts was about 20 years ago visiting friends in Hilton Head. It took me awhile to get use to them, but now that I understand the lanes, I like the roundabouts. In 1996, I spent a little time in France and went in circles several times in the middle of nowhere trying to go the correct direction. Rome was really quite a challenge too. Fortunately, I wasn't driving, and we made it to St. Peters and back to the Spanish steps unscathed.

Work on a Five Points roundabout in Sarasota begins this summer. I'm sure some will be against this project, but I think it will be a beautiful asset to an already beautiful city.

If you are searching the Sarasota MLS for properties and need some help, give Annette Smith a call at 941-504-3922 or send an email for a quick response.

No comments: