Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sarasota Living & Real Estate


Florida Life

Most of living in Florida is about the water, the sun and relaxation. Saturday I was invited to a football party to cheer for LSU. I've lived in Florida a long time and most of the fans I know here cheer for the Gators. Growing up with SEC football "roots," the adjustment of a move to West Virginia in 1968 was huge, mostly because I never thought any of my new friends liked anything but WVU football. I had to become a Mountaineer!

Well, after moving to Sarasota many years ago, I knew the Gators "got it!" Unfortunately, I was not a Gator, and I was always on the opposite end of the football season.
Then a few months ago, the Sarasota Herald had an article about a couple who re-did their backyard incorporating their beautiful Louisiana collected treasures into a fabulous landscape design featuring a pool, an outdoor fireplace, wrought iron gates!

In a recent blog post, I mentioned making the call to this adorable Southern couple after reading that article. Saturday afternoon, along with their other friends, we cheered the LSU Tigers to a victory against Tennessee. I assure it was all because of our "focus" and the jambalaya and crawfish pie.

Sarasota Florida is like coming "home" from wherever you move. It's not just all about Sarasota real estate, the sunshine and the water. It's about wonderful people from all parts of the country incorporating their old life into their new life and making Sarasota home.

Go Tigers!!!!

No comments: